Thursday, November 6, 2008

My favorite chapter is Advice from a Caterpillar. I'm not entirely sure why. It's the question who are you. She ponders change and explains that she doesn't know her self. The lovely words meld together and create a sense of not knowing. I enjoy it because the question, who are you, is as unanswerable as the question, what is a child. There is no clear and determined answer for these questions, because at all times people are changing and learning, or reverting back to innocence. Maybe this will change with age, but I feel I am an adult, and yet I don't know so little, that I must surely be a child. This chapter suggest that who are you is the most important question while at the same time declaring that it doesn't matter because the answer at the moment is arbitrary. It's very deep for a childrens book. No that's dumb. It's very deep because it's (at least ment for) a childrens book.

No comments: